Thursday, December 13, 2007

Being a Parent




Is a constant struggle for me. I love my son dearly but the parenting learning curve just might kill me. When we argue, I find him having the upper hand simply because I cannot stand yelling at another human being. Oh, and the nice, quiet, reasonable discussions come first, they just don't last. Argh.

The irish hiking scarf is on its way. I still love the yarn but it is a bit tempramental. And, I am still trying to get the hang of the cabling thing. There are errors, including the one round where I apparently couldn't count to seven, and that cable is a little longer than it should be. Oh well, I am learning. I just have to remind myself not to expect perfection on this project. I know I will love it in spite of and perhaps because of its flaws. It's a lot like me.

The ice storm here on Tuesday was both awful and beautiful. Nature has a way about that.

1 comment:

anita said...

the scarf is beautiful... just like you. and cullen. it will all come together ok.

love you